BIDDING IS CLOSED
Thank you to all of those who donated items to the auction, and to those of you who bid! It was a HUGE success. Over the next week, I will be contacting all of the winners with info on how to proceed with their donations. There are a LOT of people to reply to, so be patient, I am getting to each bidder/emailer one at a time.
Last winter a fellow food blogger and friend Ashley, from Center Cut Cook announced she was pregnant with her first child (YAY! Exciting!) However she also had another major announcement. Her husband Ryan was diagnosed with stage four colon cancer. My heart broke for Ryan and her when this news was made public. Ryan and Ashley are much like Stevie and I. They are the same age and also high school sweethearts. Ashely is equally obsessed with food and social media as I am. I'm sure in REAL life, we'd all hit it off.
I can not imagine the struggles they go through everyday balancing a newborn baby, chemo treatments, Dr.s appointments, and the emotional roller coaster that they were thrown on. Ryan's cancer is incredibly rare for someone at the young age of 29. Typically colon cancer is extremely treatable if detected early, which is why people over the age of 50 are recommended to get a routine colonoscopy. Poor Ryan never had the chance to prevent or catch it early, because how many 29 year old men worry about colon cancer?
Since Ashley and Ryan live all the way over in the Chicago area, there is not much we blogger friends can do to support them. So the blogging community teamed together to plan a fundraiser on their behalf. All proceeds will be donated directly to Ashley and Ryan to help with living expenses and medical bills while Ryan is in treatment. You guys.... they have a newborn baby. Babies are expensive, I know, I've had 3! And medical costs while treating cancer? We probably don't even want to know what that costs.
They need our help, support and prayers!
Below you will find a large selection of gift boxes made by fellow food bloggers, signed cookbooks, kitchen equipment, homemade baked treats and much, MUCH more.
1) 1 Gallon of Pure New Hampshire Maple Syrup Donated by Carrie B. (Bakeaholic Mama)
Current Bid: $130- Linda Philips
2) OXO Baker's gift pack donated by OXO
|Current Bid: $100- Andrea Waage|
3) Le Creuset 5.5 qt Round French Oven donated by Le Creuset
Current bid: $310- Lori L.
4) Very Culinary's Favorite Kitchen Tools donated by Amy W. (Very Culinary)
|Current Bid: $90- Edee|
5) $100 World Market Gift Card donated by World Market
|Current Bid: $200- Keirsten (Oh My Veggies)|
6) Star Fine Foods Mediterranean Food Gift Basket donated by Star Fine Foods
|Current Bid: $90- David Duncan|
7) The Flavor Bible donated by Donna and Chad (The Slow Roasted Italian)
|Current Bid: $100- Liz Harris|
8) John Boos Walnut 20x15x1 1/2 Cutting Board donated by Donna and Chad (The Slow Roasted Italian)
|Current Bid: $150- Tricia @ Saving Room For Dessert|
9) Red Velvet Lover's Cookbook and a $25 Amazon Gift Card donated by Deborah H. (Taste and Tell Blog)
|Current Bid: $85- Brenda Smith|
10) Cuisinart Mini Prep Food Processor donated by Lauren G. (Climbing Grier Mountain)
Current Bid: $75- Kris M.
11) 5-Flavor Salad Dressing Basket from The Biltmore House in Asheville NC donated by Melissa S. (Melissa's Southern Style Kitchen)
This gift basket contains all five of our Biltmore« dressings, Zinful Raspberry, Creamy Vidalia« Onion, Cabernet Poppy Seed, BBQ Ranch, and Summer Tomato & Sweet Onion. Ideal for friends and family celebrating any occasion. You can even add a new twist to an old favorite by using our Vidalia Onion or BBQ Ranch dressings as a marinade.
|Current Bid: $70- Darlene G.|
12) Baking Basics Gift Basket donated by Joan H (Chocolate, Chocolate and More)
|Current Bid: $100- Monica|
13) Pine Ridge Barbecue Sauce Gift Basket donated by Milisa A. (Miss in the Kitchen)
|Current Bid: $50- TIED Valarie Myers& Aimee W.|
14) One SIGNED copy of the Smart Cookie Cookbook donated by Christi J (Love from my Oven)
|Current Bid: $35- Nancy Orr|
15) A signed copy of The Recipe Girl Cookbook and a $50 Crate n' Barrel Gift Card donated by Lori L. (Recipe Girl)
|Current Bid: $150- Cathy|
16) A copy of Surprise Inside Cakes AND this matching cake stand donated by Amanda R. (I am Baker)
Current Bid: $125- Susan D.
17) Low-Carb Baking Bundle donated by Carolyn K. (All Day I Dream About Food)
Includes, almond flour, Swerve sweetener, whey protein & parchment paper.
|Current Bid: $100- Lisa Plotnik|
18) Anthropologie Gift Card $50.00 donated by Meagan W. (A Zesty Bite)
|Current Bid: $115- Jodi R|
19) Home cheese making kit and a slate serving board donated by Jennifer F. (Savory Simple)
|Current Bid: $100 Lisa Plontnik|
20) Chocolate Lover's Gift Pack donated by Jocelyn B. (Inside Brucrew Life)
Includes, a bundt pan, Baker’s Joy, spatula, chocolate cake mix, chocolate Yankee Candle, Reese’s Pieces, Reese’s Peanut Butter cups, and a dozen homemade Chocolate Reese’s cookies!
|Current Bid: $70- Kristen Duke|
21) Amazon gift card, bamboo kitchen tools and Rachel Ray Stoneware donated by Shawn S. ( I Wash You Dry)
|Current Bid: $110- Mary (Baseballmom23)|
22) A Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker in Cranberry; A Trio of Bamboo Cooking Spoons; and A Set of Four Nourish Soup Bowls donated by Hayley P. (The Domestic Rebel)
Current Bid: $125-Gigi
23) Cuisinart ICE-21 Ice Cream Maker donated by Mary Y. (Barefeet in the Kitchen)
|Current Bid: $125- Chris Wiess|
24) Two Silpat Baking Mats and a Batch of Cookie Butter Butterscotch Cookies donated by Lisa L. (Wine and Glue)
|Current Bid: $70- Jennifer F.|
25) Zingerman's Deluxe Bread Gift Basket donated by Liz. (The Lemon Bowl)
|Current Bid: $80- Melissa G.|
26) Biscoff Goodie Basket PLUS a copy of the Biscoff Cookbook when it releases in November! Katrina B. (In Katrina's Kitchen)
|Current Bid: $90- Susan D.|
27) 11 brand new, classic baby board books in honor of sweet baby Miles! Donated by Lauren B. (Lauren's Latest)
|Current Bid: $150- Jamie Lothridge|
28) Dessert Mashups Cookbook Basket donated by Dorothy K. (Crazy for Crust)
Current Bid: $110- Valerie Brunmeir
29) Coffee Lover's Gift set donated by Aimee S. (Shugary Sweets)
The set will include the coffee mug, spoon, Two Brothers coffee (local in Illinois), tea towel and a fresh batch of coconut biscotti from Shugary Sweets
|Current Bid: $90-Mary BaseballMom23|
30) Whoopie Pie Making Kit from Tanya S. (Lemons for Lulu)
Includes, Whoopie Pie Cookbook, two cookie sheets, baking mat, cookie scoop, spatulas and a piping kit.
Current Bid: $135- Imperfect Kitchen
31) Gourmet Chocolate Gift Basket donated by Roxana Y. (Roxana's Home Baking)
|Current Bid: $60- Kathy Crow|
32) Rodell Vanilla gift pack + a $50 Sur La Table gift card donated by Lynne F. (365 Days of Baking)
|Current Bid: $120 - Ashley~ Spoon Full of Flavor|
33) Two jars of Foodie with Family's spicy and sweet Candied Jalapeños from Rebecca's most popular post ever. Taste them and find out what the fuss is all about!
Current Bid:$110- Jennifer Blough
34) One SIGNED copy of the Smart Cookie Cookbook donated by Christi J. (Love from my Oven)
Current Bid: - $50 Sue Ellen.
35) These cute stand mixer earrings hang about 1/2 an inch off of hypoallergenic hooks. Donated by The Busted Button.
|Current Bid: $55- Imperfect Kitchen|
36) A Pier 1 (21 piece) Tasting Party Starter Set, Gooseberry Patch The Christmas Table Cook Book, Gooseberry Patch Collectors Christmas Book #9, Set Matryoshka Measuring Spoons donated by Lark's Country Heart.
Current Bid: $80- Darlene
37) Pizza Lover's Kit donated by Monica M. (The Yummy Life)
|Current Bid: $130- Darlene|
38) Crocheted Garlic Girl Design Earrings donated by Jodi. (Garlic Girl) 3 sets of earrings 3 separate bids. These earrings retails for $26/pair!
Garlic Girl Design Earrings are handmade with thinly woven thread and a tiny crochet hook.
Lightweight and elegant, each pair is unique and created in a variety of shapes, sizes and warm
Mediterranean colors. Available in a variety of metals and beads, these eye-catching earrings are
lightweight and add a unique and pretty accent to any special look or outfit.
|Current Bids:Pair #1 -$30- Katrina|
Pair #2 - $20 Darlene
Pair #3 Darlene $30
39) Wine Bottle opener donated by Barb K. (Creative Culinary) Retails for $180, minimum bid $75.
SCIP Le Thiers Cabernet Sauvignon Varietal Vinewood Handle Corkscrew. Classic Le Thiers styling. 5-Spires and long lever for effortless pull. Made in France. The handle is made from the actual vine and it has a leather pouch with a belt strap. Both the pouch and the metal are inscribed with the varietal used for the handle. Gorgeous yes but the best wine bottle opener I've ever used!
Retail value is $180
|Current Bid: $150- Jenny Davis|
40) Paderno Spiralizer donated by Holly Nilsson ( Spend with Pennies)
|Current Bid: $75- Lori Alter|
To read more about Ashley and Ryan's story, check out their #TeamRyan Facebook page. If you don't want to bid, but want to make a donation go to Ryan and Ashley's Give Forward fundraiser page.
Special thanks goes out to Amy from Very Culinary for her design help! Also a big thank you to all the bloggers who joined in to help, OXO, Star Fine Foods, Le Creuset and World Market!