The following post contains sponsored content. Thanks to brands like Davidson's Safest Choice Eggs, I am able to take the time to create new recipes for you all.
These nights are filled with fast family pleasers that are easily adaptable to each of my kids tastes. Sandwiches are the perfect answer. I lay out a few options, cheese, several proteins and some vegetables and let the kids create their own masterpieces. This way I do not actually have to cook anything for them, and they have a blast making their own supper!
And what is mom going to create? I keep it simple. A thin layer of goat cheese, prosciutto, asparagus, and a sunny side up egg piled on top of a slice of sourdough.
Sunny side up eggs make an appearance in my diet several times a week, breakfast, lunch and dinner. They are versatile and great on top of so many things. Salads, pizza, sandwiches, hash, pasta, pretty much anything goes in this house!
Eating undercooked egg yolks can be a bit risky. There is a chance of contracting foodborne illnesses such as salmonella or listeria. But thanks to the folks at Davidson's Safest Choice Eggs we no longer have to fret. They only sell pasteurized eggs. We can now safely handle raw eggs and enjoy our undercooked yolks.
- Slice of your favorite artisan bread ( I used a locally made sourdough)
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1 tbs goat cheese spread
- 4 asparagus spears
- 1 Davidson's Safest Choice Egg
- non stick cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a small non stick fry pan over medium/high heat, evenly coat with cooking spray. Sauté asparagus for about 5 minutes or just until they start to soften. Sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, lightly spray again with non stick cooking spray.
- Crack your egg in the center and slowly fry over medium heat. Allow the egg to cook until the white has coagulated, and cooked through. Make sure the yolk is still glossy to ensure it will be runny. Total cooking time should only be a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Toast your bread, spread goat cheese over the top. Layer with prosciutto and cooked asparagus. Top with your sunny side up egg.
- And dig in!!