A guilt free salt and vinegar potato chip that takes only minutes to make.
I have a chronic chip snacking issue.
If they were not so darned bad for you I would keep my pantry stocked with them at all times. Potato chips are seriously my favorite food of all time.
Now I have tried making them at home a variety of ways over the years, deep frying and oven baking seem to be the most popular. Yet for some reason I always burn them. Every. Single. Time! Then I saw my friend Rachel make these sweet potato chips in the microwave.... and my world changed. Little to no fat needed, ready in minutes and the toppings and flavors are endless!
I was recently asked to take part in a #HealthyChoices blog campaign with Black and Gold Farms. We had a fun twitter party last night talking about the benefits of eating red potatoes as well as healthy choices we are all making in the New Year. Not only did a learn a lot, it was super fun!
For more info on why you should choose Black and Gold Farm's red potatoes and to enter in the giveaway, scroll to the bottom of this post and follow the directions on the widget.
Low Fat Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips
- 1 large Black and Gold's Red Skinned Potato
- 1 cup malt vinegar
- 1 tbs extra light olive oil
- Sea salt ( personal choice on how much to use)
- Using a mandolin or a sharp knife thinly slice your potato to about 1/8-1/16 thick. The thinner the better.
- Place potato slices in a bowl of malt vinegar and soak in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. The long you soak them the more vinegar they absorb, so if you like the flavor and want to, increase the soak time.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place on a parchment paper lined, microwave safe plate.
- Lightly brush with olive oil on each side of the slices.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Microwave on high for two minutes.
- Flip potato slices, and return to the microwave for one minute and then flip again.
- Continue to microwave for one minute increments until they are golden and crisp.
- Remove from microwave and allow to cool and then dig in!
Black Gold Farm
o Website: http://www.betterwithreds.com/
o Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BetterWithReds
o Twitter: https://twitter.com/betterwithreds (@BetterWithReds)
o Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/BetterWithReds/
o Website: http://www.bodymedia.com
o Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BodyMediaFIT
o Twitter: https://twitter.com/BodyMedia
o Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/bodymedia/