Slowcooker roast chicken is super hot in the blog world these days. I feel like every time I turn around there is a new version posted somewhere. I can see why it is so popular, it is the easiest, tastiest way to prepare moist roast chicken.
My family and I have been pretty obsessed with this method for the last couple of years. We seriously pick those bones clean and have zero leftovers after dinner.
It's rather simple to prepare. You add a whole chicken into a 6qt crock pot. Thanks to a tip from a facebook follower, I now roll foil balls and place them under the chicken. This keeps the dark meat from turning into mush after rendering in those juices for so long. Pour woschishire sauce and lemon juice over the top, add a stick of butter for good measure, then some ranch seasoning. Set it and forget it.
Slow Cooker Roasted Ranch Chicken
What you need:
- 1 small Oven roaster chicken ( no bigger than 5-6lbs)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 2 tbs ranch seasoning (I make my own. recipe found HERE)
- salt and pepper
- aluminum foil
- 6 qt slow cooker
- Salt and pepper the inside and out of the your chicken.
- Ball 4, 1 inch balls of aluminum foil up and place at the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place chicken in your slow cooker on top of foil balls.
- Spread butter over the top and sides of the bird. Then drizzle with lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and sprinkle with ranch seasoning.
- Place top on the slow cooker and cook on high for about 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, carefully remove chicken from your slow cooker and place in a roasting pan. To do this I use the biggest tongs I have or some large spatulas. Make sure you have a prepared roasting pan sitting right next to the slow cooker. This chicken is really really tender if can fall apart if you are not careful.
- Place under the broiler (set on high) and broil until the skin starts to brown. Usually takes about 2-3 minutes for me.
- Remove from oven and dig in!