Pie week is here! Can you believe Thanksgiving is next week? Are you ready? I sure as heck am not!
To kick the week off I am sharing the most simple yet fancy pie (or tart) ever created. The crust is simply butter and ground up Biscoff Cookies. Then I filled it with a dark chocolate ganache and topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
For those of you are scared of pie baking, this is as simple as it gets. The most inexperienced can whip this up for Thanksgiving dessert... or for any other occasion!
Dark Chocolate Ganache Pie with a Biscoff Cookie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground Biscoff cookies
- 6 tbs room temperature unsalted butter
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Whipped cream and chocolate shavings for serving (optional)
- In a mixing bowl combine butter and cookie crumbs with a fork.
- Press mixture into a 9 inch pie plate or tart pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until the crust is crisp and has browned a bit.
- To prepare the filling, add chocolate, cream and salt to a medium sauce pan.
- Whisk over medium heat until the mixture is smooth and chocolate is fully melted.
- Pour into cooked crust.
- Cool in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until the filling has set. Slice and serve with whipped cream and chocolate shavings