I have not done a My Week in 10 in quite some time! This week was my oldest son's April Vacation. I never realized how much I enjoy him being at school! Don't get me wrong, I love having him around but let me tell ya. I'm looking forward to Monday!
Here is a little peek into our week so far.
1) We had some wacky weather this week. Anything from perfect 50 degree spring like days, to 75 and sunny.... all the way down to 30 and sleeting. What F New Hampshire... can't you get spring right?
2) We made these.... Enough said.
3) Sydney... god love her... ate a new pair of shoes I just purchased. I swear dogs always know what to go for... always my new shoes!
4) My dad celebrated a birthday... that's my dad photo bombing my sister and I a couple years back when we were in Indiana visiting family.... He's a dork. Don't mind his messy shower head...
5) Sundays With Joy turned one! Holy cow! A blog project I have actually stuck with....
6) I went shopping... and guess what! I lost a whole pant size! I didn't have much weight to lose but I've had a stubborn 5-10 pounds that I gain, then lose, gain then lose... it's really annoying!
7) We have been having a lot of fun at the beach. When we move the kids and I are really going to miss the convenience of living in a lake side community.
8) Speaking of moving. Remember when I told you we found THE house? Well the deal fell through. Super bummed. However we found a house in the same town we are living in and have just finished our purchase and sales agreement!We are set to close June 28th! WOOHOO. The best part of this house is the walk in pantry that has a big window looking over the yard tons of built in shelving and is the size of an office. So guess who now has a FOOD BLOG OFFICE. The lighting is great, so I can set up my photo shoot area in there away from the kitchen/kids and still have tons of room for all of my food props and blog materials.
9) I had a root canal on Thursday.... For the most part my teeth are in good shape. However I had one filling that fell out a while back... the filling was from when I was 12 or 13 years old. Well after I lost the filling I procrastinated going to the dentist... It didn't hurt so I figured I was ok to put it off a tad. Well yeah... now it's a $1500 tooth and I have to go back and get fitted for a crown as well. Lets hope that's not as painful as the root canal.... the procedure took TWO HOURS AND FORTY MINUTES. About an hour into it my nerves were exposed and gates of pain opened up. My Dr. shot me so full of Novocaine and nothing was working. I was in agony for the other 1 hour 40 minutes. Today... I still can't open and close my jaw and the pain is radiating from my tooth, up my jaw, into my ear and then up to my temple. WHAT the hell did this Dr. do to me???
10) On a brighter non painful note... I made this salad. It makes me happy. It's so bright, sunny, springy. Remember how I made my own mayo yesterday? Well here's what you can do with some of it..... First make this salad, filled with spring greens, avocado, berries, feta a sunny side up egg (made safe with Safest Choice Eggs) and then my Creamy Lime Poppy Seed Dressing....
Creamy Lime Poppy Seed Dressing
1/2 cup extra light olive oil
1/4 cup lime juice (fresh squeezed)
1 tsp lime zest
2 tbs mayonnaise ( I used my homemade version)
1/2 tsp sugar
3/4 tbs poppy seeds
Salt to taste
In a medium bowl whisk all of your ingredients together until combined. Drizzle over salad.