If you had to make a list of the top five people in the world you would like to meet. Who would you pick?
Have you met anyone of those top five people? If so did you freak out? Were you shy? Or did you just play it cool even though on the inside you were like "OH MY FREAKING GOD!!"
Yeah well I have never met anyone on my list. I'm pretty sure if and when I do, I will be all crazy, tears, jumping up and down... can't contain my cool.
Want to know who made Carries list of people she wants to meet?
Well here you go...
1) Ray Lamontagne. You all know how I am an over the top fan. I have every album even his demo tracks. I've seen him in concert, cried my eyes out when he played "our" song. I celebrated with champagne when he won a Grammy last year. Yeah I love him. Like really really love him. He is the single most talented singer/song writer of my generation. If you don't know who he is... well I suggest you youtube him live. You'll get goosebumps. Check out this video.... that girl who's name is also Carrie. Is me to a T! "I'M SO GLAD YOU WERE BORN!"
2) Zooey Deschanel. I added her to the list partially on my husbands behalf. I do love her. She is one of my favorite funny actresses.... and singers! Her band She & Him is quite unique and I can't get enough of their Christmas album that I listen to... year round. Yes I'll admit it....Hubs has a HUGE crush on her. She is his one free pass....If you catch my drift.
3) Rob Dyrdek. Also on the list partially due to my husbands influence. I just freaking love this guy. Not only because he is pro skater. But his MTV shows are so stupidly funny. I find myself watching Ridiculousness all to often busting a gut. I may have had a snort laugh a time or two. For those of you who know me, the snort laugh only comes out if I'm dying laughing.
4) Steve Burton..... A.K.A Jason Morgan from General Hospital. He was recently killed off my favorite daytime soap. (well actually the ONLY soap I watch!) I've had a crush on Jason since I was a Freshman in high school. He is the only man other than my husband who has had my heart that long!
5) Joy Wilson..... Also known as Joy the Baker! I have been a long time reader of Joy's I'm obsessed with her book, podcasts and all things Joy the Baker. She is the inspiration behind my blog and a big part of why I started Bakeaholic Mama. I mean now serously.... I created a super fan group on facebook with 130+ members as of today and I dedicate one day a week to her book on my blog.... I'm a Joy the Baker super fan!
When Joy went on her first book tour I was SO bummed she didn't make it to New England. But guess what round 2! She is coming to VT and to Boston!! Joy is a follower of my group Sundays with Joy, and when she found out that I had wanted to possibly attend her pie making class next weekend up at King Arthur Flour, she sent me a facebook message inviting me to the class even though it was sold out. She pulled some strings at KAF to get me +1 guest to attend. Her words.... " there's totally no reason you should not be hanging out in that class with me!"
Sigh, so I get to meet one of my five people next weekend! WOOO freaking HOOO!
Don't fret Sundays with Joy peeps, I will be taking a gazzilion pictures, notes and blogging about it next weekend for Sundays with Joy!
I GET TO HANG OUT WITH JOY THE BAKER! Seriously still in awe.
Now onto today's Sundays with Joy recipe. Pecan Pralines. What a great addition to add to you cookie/candy tins this holiday season. So easy to whip up and such a yummy sweet treat. Careful though... if you eat to many I guarantee you will get a tooth ache!
The method behind these is simple, sugar, brown sugar, salt, cream... boil until smooth dump in some nuts, and butter. Drop on to parchment paper to harden. Walla... Pecan Pralines!
The only adaptions I made were, I halved them. I know myself too well, I would eat them all and be running to the dentist Monday morning. I also used some vanilla scented sea salt in place of the regular salt.
Friends and family, you can be expecting a few of these in your Christmas tins this year! That and scarfs..... I'm on a scarf making kick...
Are you a member of Sundays With Joy? If so link your blog post below. If not.... click HERE for more info on joining the group! .....Joy Wilson is also a member ;)
For the full Pecan Praline recipe. You will need to get your own copy of Joy The Baker Cookbook: 100 Simple and Comforting Recipes. Click HERE for details.