They always say "bad things happen in 3's". Or that "everything happens at once".
Well I would not say there were just 3 things... or that anything was particularly bad. Just bad luck and allot of it. I'm laughing about it all now...
I called a friend yesterday and she yes "how did your week go?" ... Oh man you have no idea! By the end of our conversation she was in hysterics. Apparently my bad luck was quite funny to her....
I assure you friends I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. I'm cursed.
1) Tuesday afternoon.... Sydney the Dingo Dog. Shredded some carpet leading into the basement. It's not that big a deal as it was in the basement and no one can see it.... but man it was a MESS.
2) Sydney strikes again! She got loose taking off almost getting hit by a car as she tried to "herd" it. Cattle dogs and their herding tendencies can get them in in trouble! Now that she had the new found freedom I could not catch her! I drove all over down with 3 kids in tow wearing nothing but yoga shorts (basically underwear!) a tank and my husbands sandals. Yeah.... a scene I tell ya! I was safe from view until she reached a house about a mile away where they were doing construction. I jumped out of the car and made a dash after her almost dripping over hubs size 11 sandals on my little size 7 feet. I know they thought I was out of my mind!
3) I ran back to the house (or rather drove) to get some sandwich meat thinking I could trick her with yummy food to hop in my car. As I pull the turkey out I dumped a 1.5 dozen box of eggs. 2/3 of them cracking all over the floor. No time to clean it up I just dashed out back to my car so I could rescue the stupid dingo before she got hit by a car.
4) I give up on trying to catch the damn dog. I go home. Start playing catch in the back yard with the kids. (totally ignoring the 1.5 dozen eggs on the floor) The annoying, irritating, infuriating, dog that I am actually quite fond of follows us back to play ball. Why didn't I do that an hour before??!?
5) Though she made it back to the yard, I did not catch her before she chased my 3 legged cat up a tree. WTH! (Yes I have a 3 legged out door cat, but that's a story for another day!) This is all in one morning people ONE! The kids are screaming "Our favorite cat, our favorite he's stuck in the tree, call the cops Mama quick call the cops" Kids... what is a cop going to do for us?
6) Same day.... Mads went all exorcist on me and threw up on everything.
7) Same day.... after a really long bad day I go to make myself a gin and tonic. I open the bottle of tonic only to have it explode all over me!
8) Next morning. I tell hubs I HAVE to go to yoga I'm stressed tense and need to chill the heck out. On my way I stop for a small iced coffee in which I know I should not have before my Bikram class. As I go to grab it from the girl in the take out window at Dunkins. It fell on my lap. I went to yoga in pants that were wet.... (in the crotch region mind you) and smelled like fresh brewed coffee while get my sweat on.
9) After my yoga class I had to rush home to get Mad's ready for her GI specialist appointment. We are having her checked out because she chokes constantly and after one 911 choking scare and several other close calls we are worried sick. Poor kid can't even swallow most baby foods. She can handle liquids just fine, yogurts, and stage one baby food. Anything thicker in texture makes her start to choke. It's scary and I think my heart stops every time it happens. Why can't I just put her in a bubble to keep her safe till she is 18?!
10) Best thing I ate all week is one of my favorite things to order from any Chinese food restaurant. Crab Rangoons or Crab Wantons whatever you want to call them. They are hands down the best fried food on earth. Guess what they are also wicked easy to make! With just a few ingredients you can make a way better way crisper version right at home!
24 wanton wrappers
1 package of cream cheese room temp
1 can of crab meat
1 tsp of honey
1 tsp of soy sauce
1/4 cup scallions sliced thin
Oil for deep frying
cup of water for sealing wanton wrappers
Heat oil to 375.
In a mixing bowl combine cheese, crab, honey, soy sauce and scallions together.
Add 1 tbs of your filling to the center of each wrapper. Dip you finger in water and dab the outside of each wrapper with it then seal in half. Pinching it shut with your hands or by using a fork.
Drop crab rangoons in your preheated oil 4-5 at a time.
Fry for 20 seconds then flip them over to ensure even browning for an additional 20 seconds.
Remove from oil place on a paper towel to soak up the grease.
Enjoy hot in your favorite Asian dipping sauce!