I haven't done my week in 10 in about a month or so! Man Carrie, get with it!
Here is a sneak peek into my week... in no special order!
1) Mads took her first steps!! Seriously... she's 9 1/2 months old. Can we slow down please?
2) Heat wave this week! YUK. Hubs finally decided to pull the AC's only to find they did not work! I suffered the first day in a house that reached 88... 88! While it was 90+ outside and extremely humid feeling like it was 100+.
3) Hubs has decided that he does not want store bought breads and tortillas anymore... that I should make them for us. My response "you make the bread and then get back to me....."
4) HUBS BAKED BREAD. And it was good! I felt pressured to one up him so this week even in the heat wave I have been baking bread every other day! Not sure how I feel about this....
5) My little Sis got a job close by so she has been staying with us to cut down on her commute. It's been fun, the kids love their Auntie and I'm having fun getting "girl time"... though she makes me drink. Damn you 21 yr olds... I can't keep up with that!
6) My Cousin Dustin graduated from High School. I'm so proud of him, he didn't have the easiest start to life and now he is going to beat all the odds and prove people wrong. Come August he leaves for Basic Training... and will officially be a Marine!
7) We had another Graduation party to attend on Sunday up in West Leb for my Husbands cousin Hayley. As always parties with his family ended in a fun time. I'm quite lucky to have married into a family I actually like!
8) My one year blog birthday is coming up next week! Who would have thought I'd stick with this?! To celebrate I have a new original recipe, I have teamed up with 2 HUGE companies for a giveaway that has a $185 value for you all!!!..... AND I have a product review of something even bigger!
9) I though I was going to need stitches the other day after stepping on a major piece of glass... I pretty much still walk funny and it hurts like a *****. I've never bled that much before, I'm pretty sure Owen almost fainted!
10) And of course my week isn't complete with out a poop story...Chase. Have a blast with his brother in the kiddie pool... splashing having the time of their lives. That is until I look over and see that the water was VERY brown. Little turd muffin pooped his pants and continued to play in the pool. WHO DOES THIS!? Only my lovely dirty 3 yr old. That's who.
So there you have it... 10 things from my week. I bet your jealous, since I have such an exciting life right?!
Now on to some food!
The other day I spotted a recipe for Stuffed peppers on Julie's blog which got me craving stuffed peppers like crazy!!!
Days I thought about those peppers, so I finally whipped them up my version of a stuffed peppers for my sister and I while she was staying with us.
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
6 large bell peppers ( you can use any color you'd like I stuck with red and green)
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 16 oz can of black beans drained and rinsed
1 can of Rotel
1 lime juiced
2 large cooked diced or shredded chicken breasts
1 cup of corn
1 1/2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
1 tbs of your favorite taco seasoning ( I used Mystic Blue Spice's Chipotle Taco seasoning)
1/2 tsp salt
1 jalapeno pepper sliced
sliced scallions for garnish
Preheat oven to 350.
Core your peppers with a paring knife remove just the tops, seeds, and any white pulpy stuff.
Place cored peppers into a large baking dish.
In a large mixing bowl combine, rice, beans, Rotel, lime juice, chicken, corn, cheddar cheese, taco seasoning, and salt.
Stuff each pepper with your filling.
Top with Monterrey jack cheese and jalapeno slices.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the cheese is bubbly.
Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before enjoying!