1) Madelyn is a crawling maniac! She will be 8 months old tomorrow and is already into everything! Let the serious baby proofing begin! Coffee table is going in the basement today... Coffee tables are a magnet for babies and toddlers heads. Both my boys had a permanent bruise in between their eyes due to banging it on the table from the age of 8mos-2yrs. So to prevent this... it's going to be put in storage until she is less clumsy!
2) Sundays with Joy is a huge hit! We have 50 members participating baking our way through Joy the Bakers cookbook. And guess what.... Joy Wilson a.k.a Joy the Baker is also a member of our group. How exciting!! She's a celeb in our blogging/foodie world! If you want to my Sundays With Joy group click HERE.
3) Another Joy group detail from my week.... I have a group of new bacon and brown butter loving foodie friends. YAY! I'm not the only one who wants to swim in a pool of brown butter while snack on bacon slices.
4) I have the sweetest cuddly boys in the world. We had a very rainy week in NH and stayed hunkered down watching movies cuddling on the couch. This is why I love my life!
5) I made the worst dinner last night! THE WORST! And it wasn't my fault... We sit down to eat and it tastes like soap. I guess someone forgot to rinse the pans she cooked in well.....
6) I'm working with Green Mountain Coffee for an awesome giveaway next week... stay tuned! Oh how I <3 my Green Mountain Coffee!
7) The Secret Recipe Club reveal was on Monday. SO FUN! I made these crumpets. I think it was Group D's best turnout since I've joined. So many great things going on!
|Me celebrating Cinco de Mayo a couple years ago!|
8) Pull out the sombreros and make a pitcher of margs! Tomorrow is May 5th! Cinco de Mayo brings out the best in the foodie world if you ask me, because this girl loves her tequila and any excuse to eat Mexican food all.day.long. May 5th marks 2 other moments in my life one positive one sad. Tomorrow is' Madelyn's 8 month bday. But it also marks the 2 yr anniversary of my grandmothers death. Always leaves me a little sad. She is a big part of why I love to cook. She might have been one of the best cooks I know. Everything she makes was scrumptious. I will forever cherish my trips to Indiana to spend time with her and my grandfather. They were the best <3
9) I embraced the skinny jeans. I hate skinny jeans. I feel like a duck waddling around... skinny legs and feet sticking out. I also feel a bit self conscious of them. I know I should embrace my mama body. I'm proud, I work hard to stay in shape especially after having 3 kids. And I'm young dammit! BUT when I'm around the other moms in the area... I feel like I should be rocking the yoga pants, no make up, and husbands tee all the time. Not that I'm knocking that look... because well I'm a big fan of yoga pants and often have zero time for makeup. But there are days I want to look like a milf... so Skinny jeans your sticking around I promise to try and learn to like you =)
10) I had a very sad thing happen our family this week. Something I wish I could erase from my memory and life. I feel like a stronger person because of it however. I know that I am lucky for the family I do have and forever grateful for having them here with me. Though it's always hard to cut the toxic relationships from your life. It is just something I have no room for anymore for my own protection, my husbands and most importantly my kids. *Sigh* I know it will get easier as time goes on.
Today I'm also throwing in a music video. Now I really don't like country music a whole lot... but I love this song. The day my Grandmother passed away it was on the radio when I got the call... this line caught me the 2nd I hung up my cell... Now every time I hear this song I think of her. PS... forgive me if my Spanish translation or Spanish spelling is not 100% right!
"Adios and vaya con Dios"
"Goodbye and go with God"
Though... Grandma Thelma would not condone drinking PBR and rolling "big fat ones" !!
So tell me... how was YOUR week??