S'more of what?
So I'm going to go down that Sand Lot quote road again, just as I did in this post.....
"You're killing me Smalls! These are s'more's stuff! Ok, pay attention. First you take the graham, you stick the chocolate on the graham. Then you roast the 'mallow. When the 'mallows flaming... you stick it on the chocolate. Then cover with the other end. Then you scarf. Kind of messy, but good! Try some!" ~~ Ham Porter (The Sand Lot 1993)
- The most EPIC movie of my childhood.
So yes I made you Brownies filled with S'more Stuff.
Two words... Hot.Mess.
You truly do not know what true love is until you've scarfed down one of these brownies.
I hold s'mores right up there on my list of things I love... next in line after Hubs, the kids, and champagne.
Oh my freaking goodness were these gooey, and ooey (new word!) sticky, and chocolaty heaven!
Hot Mess Brownies (brownies filled with s'more stuff)
1 cup of butter
3 oz semi sweet chocolate
1/2 cup unsweetened coco powder
1 1/4 cup of sugar
2 tbs vanilla extract
1/4 a cup of sour cream
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
8 honey graham crackers
2 Hershey milk chocolate bars
2 cups of mini marshmallows
In a sauce pan on medium low heat melt butter and semi-sweet chocolate together. Set aside and cool slightly.
In the bowl of your electric mixer mix sugar vanilla, and eggs together. Slowly pour in your melted chocolate/butter. Mix in flour , coco powder., salt and sour cream.
In the bottom of a parchment paper lined 8x8 or 9x9 square pan place 4 graham crackers. Spread 1/2 your brownie batter over the cookies. Top with half of your marshmallows and one of your Hershey bars broken into pieces. Top with 4 more graham crackers. Spread remaining browning batter over the top. Sprinkle remaining mallows over the top with pieces of your 2nd Hershey bar.
Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
Remove and let cool for about 20 minutes before slicing.
They will be messy, oooeey and gooey I promise!
And if you want to make them extra good...
Take 1 cup of marshmallows with 1 tbs of butter and 2 tbs of milk. Melt on medium low heat. Drizzle over brownies before serving. AAHH-MAZING!!!
Now that I have you drooling for s'more s'mores...
My week in 10... random thoughts and things which is basically a rambling about my kids....
1) Mothers Day weekend. It was awesome! I brought the kids to the fish hatchery....
Hubs is so funny... he gave me a can of corned beef hash as a gift. This may seem strange to you. But I LOVE corned beef hash. He made me breakfast on Sunday... this is something that probably won't happen again till next year on Mothers Day.
2) Had some family fun at the park! I love those kind of days...
|~~Nothing Hotter Than a man wearing an ERGO baby carrier~~|
3) Mads wants to walk holding our hands everywhere we go! She LOVES it!
4) My Nana's Birthday was this weekend. I Love my Nana so much... I may have talked about her from time to time on here. She is a HUGE influence on me, my baking, and my cooking. I keep a picture of her when she was a little girl wearing her dads WW2 Army uniform it's quite cute above my stove, so I get to bake with her everyday! I'm so lucky she is still around and my kids get to grow up to know their great grandmother. They call her "Big Nana" Because... Nana is TALL. I think when she was younger she was like 5'10 ish? Here's a pic of her with Mads when she was about 6 weeks old.
|The boys on a nature walk... Chase doesn't like pictures|
6) Planted most of our veggies this week... Broccoli, tomatoes and peppers are all I have left to do!
7) Mowed the yard... exciting huh? Probably not to some of you. But for those who live in areas that are covered in snow and ice a good chunk of the year the first few mow jobs is fun.... oh how you miss that smell of freshly cut grass in the middle of winter! The only thing I have to say that was not so exciting... I slid in dog shit. Yes you read correctly. I'm still not happy.
8) Fifty Shades of Grey... yes I read it. I also finished the 2nd book out of the trilogy. Book 3... here I come. Has anyone read it?? Don't be embarrassed admit it!!
9) Joy the Baker is THE sweetest person on the planet. Just thought I'd throw that out there... do you know she takes the time EVERY week to comment and have conversations with all of us in the Sundays with Joy group. She actually emailed me personally to thank me for starting the group. She is so humble! I am so excited about this group... When I started it a few weeks ago I figured I'd get like 5-10 people to bake along with me through the book.... Well week 4 we have over 60 members! We have all become friends, chat through out the week on what we are baking, the book, how much we love brown butter, how great bacon is in everything. If you haven't checked it out yet... you can join HERE.
10) Mads has started this scream.... that makes your brain want to shatter. It's not a scream of pain or crying... It's just a screech/ear piercing scream! She does it constantly when she gets excited or is happy... which is often!! 8 months old old and she is already such a girl!
This is it for me this week my friends!
How was YOUR week??
Now go have some S'mores!